We have five months under our belt, and we have no plans of stopping anytime soon. 🙂
We have found great joy in writing posts and finding an online community that really does exist. We have found many women who are wonderful, encouraging, and inspiring writers.
We, as sisters, talk and brainstorm a lot. We talk about what is going well, and what is not going well. This month, we decided to take a walk down memory lane (our five month long memory lane). We took a look back at some of our blog posts. What have we done well? Where have we improved? What should we do different? What are some of the same underlying themes in each post?
We were able to spot a few things in common that we want you to see in every post.
1. Encouragement. We hope you walk away encouraged after reading our blog. Whether it be encouragement that you aren’t alone in your journey or encouragement to learn a new skill, we want you to be encouraged. We don’t ever want you to feel as though you aren’t enough or that you aren’t doing enough.
2. Reality. Kristi is our strong one here. She writes from the heart and writes well. She is real about life. She is honest about life. She reminds you that life isn’t peaches and cream everyday, but she will also remind you how to find the blessings.
3. Depth. We are each (all three of us sisters) on our own journey, but we each are striving to be purposeful in life. We want you to see ambition in each of us as we strive to better ourselves. You may find us looking for a forgiving heart, a content heart, or a simplified home. Or you may find us perfecting a handicraft or trying our best to capture beauty.
4. Relationship. No matter what stage of life we are in, relationships are important. Seeking out people and serving them is a big part of each of our lives. Kari spends almost all hours of her day serving, helping, and hosting. She gives and gives and gives. We each value our family, those around us, and so many others we come in contact with. I don’t think the three of us have ever regretted investing in people.
5. Joy. If you leave this blog knowing one thing, know that we each strive for what we do because of our love for Jesus. Any ounce of creativity, wisdom, or joy you find here is because each of us find our value and worth in Jesus. He has blessed each of us immensely, and we are thankful for the opportunity to use this platform to share the joy we have found in life despite differences, trials, and the hard times.
That being said, we always want to be real with you, our readers. Will you let us know if there is ever something you’d be interested in hearing one of us write about? This blogging world is huge, and we are still trying to figure out where we fit. Any sort of response or feedback from you is so helpful, encouraging, and appreciated. Thanks for joining us on this journey through life!