Soon after launching our blog in June of 2015, I grew an appreciation for the smaller business world. We were, essentially, giving a try at our own small business when we started our blog. We also learned that so much of the online community involves supporting each other and encouraging each other as we each try our best to create and make life beautiful (and hopefully earn some wages).
As a result, we found some creators and makers that we liked. We tried out a few of their products, and we can happily say we will continue to shop small and support our online community.
Here are our favorites from 2015:
1. Studio Denmark – This is an Etsy shop where we found the wreath for our logo. If you are looking for some excellent graphics or clipart of wreaths of greenery, we recommend her shop. Her prices were very reasonable.
2. The Jones Market – This is a small shop for beautiful mommy necklaces. Your babies can tug and suck on your necklace, and you don’t have to fear them breaking them. I have one of their necklaces, and I bought one for my sister-in-law for Christmas. These are great for baby shower gifts too!
3. AA Cotton Creations – This is a fabric shop on Etsy. They were one of the few places I could find April Rhodes’ Arizona line when I wanted it for a baby blanket. So many large retailers were out of stock when I wanted to use it for a gift. I also bought this stag head cotton fabric there. They have a great selection of fun fabrics!
4. Millie Marotta’s Animal Kingdom– This was a super fun surprise to receive for Christmas. I hadn’t jumped on the wagon with the adult coloring books, but I love it! If Case requests to paint or color, I now join him and color in my own coloring book. I highly recommend it for a stress free activity.
5. Dear Mushka jewelry – This is another Etsy shop that we adore! Not only is her jewelry beautiful, but the creator of the jewelry seems extra sweet. Here is an article about the owner. Kristi bought me the feather necklace for Christmas, and I love it!
6. Modern Cloth – This is another shop that had excellent customer service when I wanted some fabric for bibs for, once again, my sister-in-law. I bought this knit fabric printed with arrows, and it is perfect.
7. Tender Moments Crochet – In an effort to get my kids outside most days, I knew I needed to up my game on some winter accessories for myself. My extra round face isn’t meant for cute hats, so I requested an ear warmer for Christmas. It has served me well during these cold months!
9. Stella Bella Boutique – This is another cute Etsy shop selling handmade jewelry. Kristi received the gold druzzy earrings (they appear to be out of stock) for Christmas and wears them beautifully. I also recommend her gum ball necklaces that I bought for Kari for Christmas!
Check out these small shops and let us know if you found any new favorites as well!